In a recent blog post, Seth Godin recommended challenging yourself to learning five new words a day. He posted a pdf of a book he published twenty years ago that was about 1,000 million dollar words.
For awhile, I’ve been thinking I need to start increasing my vocabulary and learning five new words a day isn’t a strenuous challenge. That’s why I’ve decided to take five words from the previously mentioned book and practice them throughout the day.
- Abdabs: So nervous, you jitter or quake.
- Abject: Extremely humiliated or bebased.
- Ablution: A ritual cleansing.
- Abnegate: To deny oneself something.
- Abrogate: To formally annul or cancel.
Inspired by this Seth Godin blog post.